"LAVUE" Named for its spectacular view of 3 counties. Built in 1818 by George Alsop, Lavue is listed on the Virginia Landmarks Register. The house and surrounding 60 acres are impeccably well kept. The location is private yet very close to shopping at Cosner's Corner, the VRE station, and Spotsylvania Hospital.
The original house is a typical antebellum four over four with a full basement. The exterior walls are five bricks thick and a combination of Flemish bond on the front and American 5-course bond on the rear. The hip roof is standing seam tin and was replaced in 2021 along with the heating system. There are 4 chimneys with 3 fireplaces each, 2 have been converted to gas. In 1834 an 'L' shaped addition was built. The main house has a total of 3,400 SF of living space with 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, and 1/2 bath. The floors are original random-width heart pine. There are massive pocket doors. The plaster walls have intricate stenciling believed to have been painted in 1830. The English basement has slate flooring in the kitchen and the original brick floor in the bedroom area.
In addition to the main house, there is a 2 bedroom guest house (with a good rental history, approximately 1,800 sf). A 6 stall barn, several turn-out pastures, cleared trails, a well-stocked pond, equipment shed, and a gunite in-ground pool and pool house with changing room.
The location, view, quality, condition, and amenities are a rare find!
Courtesy of: Coldwell Banker Elite Listing information provided courtesy of the Bright MLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS. Updated: 8th December, 2022 1:24 PM (UTC)
No featured listings found
Unfortunately, we don't have any featured listings at the moment.